• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: pre-concieved notions of what a Deadhead is?

#27593 3 years, 3 months ago
Reminds me...in Boston someone asked me for spare change and when I went to hand him 75 cents he removed his hand and let it hit the floor and walked away
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27595 3 years, 3 months ago
i hear ya i try to keep an open mind i had really long hair and that got me lots of dissapproving looks.i gave cash once "this bum was going "screw the whales save the winos" that was worth a buck ,it was funny and he was honest
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#27596 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:
Reminds me...in Boston someone asked me for spare change and when I went to hand him 75 cents he removed his hand and let it hit the floor and walked away

That sucks when you have nothing anything is gold yet that clearly says there are some just scamming and don't care there is a band that most of us are there to see
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, bokb, DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#27616 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:

Thats a cryin shame. Pshhh back in the day i used to spange all the time. I would accept pennies. Hell, 75cents woulda made me a happy dude, and was always more than happy for people to get me some grub. Some people, man. Jus vultures.

=-)Goin Furthur on the Summer o' 2011 Furthur Tour=-)

P.S. Who alls goin to Shoreline jun4th? Havn a wee little forum gathering/SmokeSesh/Shooting of the shit, at 4:19 by the Furthur Bus. Might be a grip o people in that area picking up advanced tickets ($20) for the PopQuiz, so if you dont see me just shout platypus once or twice at an increased volume. lol =-) 5-6 of us so far, anyone else care to join?
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#27942 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:

I wonder if you gave them .25 more would they have done the same thing?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27970 3 years, 3 months ago
I think that was his point...he wanted paper money... Tell you another story from Boston... Walking through the park and a guy asked me for spare change..I quickly checked my pockets but had nothing to give... As I started to walk away he saw my coat which has a big 15" SYF and yelled across the park.."Hey you're a Deadhead right!?" I turn around and say "Yeah" So then he goes "You don't have spare change but do you have any smoke?" ...I just happen to have an O I just got from my caregiver and broke him off a fat 20 bag or so and started walking away and thought shit he needs papers...I ran back and gave him 3 papers...we talked for a bit...just thought I'd share that story
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#28078 3 years, 3 months ago
Totally unrelated probably, but it made me think of a scam that some people do, they come up to you and say buddy you dropped this - might be a dollar, might be a twenty - you're first instinct is to pat your pocket where you keep your money, bingo, he now knows where to pickpocket ya.
My wife and I were in Mexico on a cruise and this lady panhandling kept bumping into me over and over. You know if it's crowded that's one thing, but we're in an open market. I told her, "Keep trying, I keep my wallet in my front pocket." She slowly walked away. In big cities and such, I figure if you can get my wallet out of my front pocket without me noticing it, you can fucking have it, cause you got a gift of stealing.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds