• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

pre-concieved notions of what a Deadhead is?

#27054 3 years, 5 months ago
Do you think they should be respectful? Clean? Lack respect? Smell funny? Joke about poop? Flinch whenever they see the word doodie? Treat others as they should be treated? Do unto others before they screw you? Leave burning bags of platypus dung on their porches? What are your notions?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: pre-concieved notions of what a Deadhead is?

#27115 3 years, 5 months ago
Been a head for 30 years, that's right, 30 fucking years. And every head I hung with wanted to have fun at at all costs. No expectations of hippie ideals, no rules of etiquette. Just a love of the music and wild crazy fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, mandala, ablebaker, captaintony, ratdogdonna
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#27118 3 years, 5 months ago
It seems as though many people think we should be vegetable grazing greenies that think Osama should have gone to jail. I do not fit that stereotype. I like steak and bacon and I like to feed plants and trees by creating carbon and am glad they shot Osama. Allot of people seem to think that ALL deadheads are super liberals. I am a libertarian . Some folks think if you are a deadhead you MUST smoke pot. not true in my case , I just don't. I am in favor of its legalization for those 21 and over. I do enjoy fireworks(shooting them myself). I have a soft spot for classic cars and I LOVE baseball and ice hockey. I would not want to put all deadheads into one category and I am not sure anyone really ever could. I honestly always just thought it was a love of the music .
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, neverstop66, Muddy Das, captaintony, DeadHead420
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#27143 3 years, 5 months ago
someone who's way into the dead
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, neverstop66
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27148 3 years, 5 months ago
Someone who is into the music
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#27149 3 years, 5 months ago
a non-conformist. But my questoin is: If you have a colliseum filled with non-conforming deadheads, aren't they conforming to being non-conforming?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#27171 3 years, 5 months ago
Aren't the accusers of us being childish and prejudicial and talking about being true to yourself being childish and prejudicial against us for being true to ourselves?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27247 3 years, 5 months ago
let he who is without sin cast the first stone. guess no ones getting stoned today ,sorry
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#27280 3 years, 5 months ago
Dude, that's an awesome topic & totally expresses why there's the constant drama on this & other boards.

My notion of DeadHeads is based on the folks who introduced me to the scene (and how 'bout that one? what constitutes "the scene"?) In the late 80's, I'd simultaneously fallen into the Dead scene and the Rainbow folks and random neo-hippie crowd and mistakenly -- very mistakenly --lumped them all together. I'd naively thought all of these people were (for lack of a better phrase) on a spiritual path. I stubbornly cling to that notion despite so many experiences to the contrary. It's disillusioning and saddening if I dwell on it. I find that the majority of folks that call themselves DeadHeads are just in it for the party; the "me-me-me-now-now-now" mentality that oftentimes makes the words "DeadHead" and "Fratboy" interchangeable. That original crew that initially turned me on were, it seems, the exception.

One man's transcendence is another's escapism.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, captaintony, Abba, DeadHead420
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#27360 3 years, 5 months ago
I know exactly what you mean and was surprized by what I found initially. Keep the faith. Lot's of good people making good choices out there. And at any given time IMHO we are all on a spiritual path whether we realize it or not. Frodo lives. : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds