• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

#259304 1 year, 5 months ago
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - s/t (2001)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81 (2007)

I don\'t know diddly squat about this band or the fanbase. I can imagine every Vespa and neo-Norton rocker fancies them. Yeah, that ain\'t a pretty thought. Nevertheless, in my very limited exposure to indie music, they write consistently solid rock. The s/t made my Best of the Decade. One of those albums that works well outside; throw a frisbee around at an arboretum. In that small way, reminds me of The Who - Who\'s Next, Neil Young, or even Hawkwind. Like their voices and the bass/guitar tones a lot; can be a real sucker for that open distortion of hollow-body/Gibson ES335 sound. Nothing they\'ve done touches that first album (Baby 81 probably #2), but all their other albums are decent listens (when they aren\'t produced to sound too like quasi-Beatles). I don\'t run into that consistency all that often. I made the mistake of watching an interview on youtube; not the brightest bulbs. Ignorance is bliss.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
GratefulDad1980
Junior Boarder

#259305 1 year, 5 months ago
History of the Dead Vol 1. (Bear's Choice)
Poles
Expert Boarder

#259560 1 year, 5 months ago
Captain Beefheart-Clear Spot
A solid album, and a departure from more avant garde efforts such as Trout Mask Replica.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#259651 1 year, 5 months ago
Garcia Live: Vol One 3/1/80 Capitol Theatre
This is the lineup with Ozzie Ahlers on keys and Johnny De Foncesca on drums. Also has 2 tunes with Robert Hunter.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by lightchaser.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#259677 1 year, 5 months ago
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Zunostar
Junior Boarder
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own

#259977 1 year, 5 months ago
Touring through southeast Italy (heal of the boot) and listing to Furthur at MSG 2011-10-11. iPod works in the rental so I have the access to the full catalog. Also played Spring 1990 Capital Center. Played Further at Red Rocks 2012-09-21. Tomorrow we start heading back towards Rome. Thinking some Europe 72 should work.

Stayed at an Agritourisimo on Monday and they had a live jazz trio. Group was really good. Played them Furthur's Eyes of the World which has some good jazzy jams top bridge the language barrier.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#259984 1 year, 5 months ago
A live acoustic set recorded 9/19/69 at the New Orleans House, Berkeley CA, by Hot Tuna.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds