• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: ROLL CALL - Red Rocks 2013

#258027 11 months, 1 week ago
I just found a Candlewood suites that appears to be very close, for 550 with tax, five nights, I think I'm leaning that way.

also for anyone who can extend their travel plans, they said it would be 650 for 7 nights

thanks for the tip Phred, I'll check that out
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#258137 11 months, 1 week ago
[quote="Phred" post=257966][quote="St.Stephenhead" post=257919]NobleGlassArt wrote:
The way I understand it, is it has now been legalized completely and recreationally for tourists as well.

This was not the case just a few months ago for the Denver run. We should be able to just walk right into a shop and buy anything we want.

I'm hoping a local could shed some light on this for me?[/quote

Smoking is legal Not buying from what ive heard.. still need the card to buy i believe[/quote]

State legislature just (last week) passed a sweeping regulatory framework to enact Amendment 64...Governor says he will sign. The basics are these:

1. Businesses will be able to apply for licenses starting Oct. 1st.

2. Initially, medical marijuana dispensaries will have a 9 month monopoly on recreational sales (supposedly due to their already having met state regs for that industry)

3. It looks as though public over the counter recreational sales will be available starting Jan. 1st 2014.

So, until that time, make friends with a red card (registered med marijuana patient) holder. You can legally smoke in private locations, although technically still illegal in public venues.

Big Question Mark and Caveat: What will Obama administration response be to the state regulatory system?

Why do I have this weird feeling legalization will turn into a disaster? I know it sounds crazy but I wish it would remain like it is right now with medical pot. I cringe at the thought of what law enforcement will do when you get pulled over. What about crossing state lines? I could see a swarm of Wyoming state patrol hanging out on the border waiting to pull over the crazed potheads coming out of CO.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Phred
Senior Boarder

#258145 11 months, 1 week ago
[quote

Why do I have this weird feeling legalization will turn into a disaster? I know it sounds crazy but I wish it would remain like it is right now with medical pot. I cringe at the thought of what law enforcement will do when you get pulled over. What about crossing state lines? I could see a swarm of Wyoming state patrol hanging out on the border waiting to pull over the crazed potheads coming out of CO.[/quote]

Geez, they (WSP/WHP) already do hang out at the border! Its like going back in time (you in a HEAP a trouble, boy!). But, I wouldn't expect anything different from a state with more Senators than Congressmen(women)...This is, after all, the state that gave us Dick Cheney.
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by Phred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#258148 11 months, 1 week ago
Unfortunately Colorado is surrounded by states that are ass backwards when it comes to this stuff. And outside of Denver the cops are ass backwards even in Colorado, yes that includes Boulder.
jackm
Junior Boarder

#258197 11 months, 1 week ago
Hello All....I'm Already Looking Forward to RR Again! I Thoroughly Enjoyed Last Years Run, and am Ready for More! It's Truly a Great Setting to See the Band....I've Already Booked Air, and am Watchfully Waiting to see if I get My Mail Order Filled. I got Skunked on the Presale Deal, and HOPE I don't have to deal with the Scalpers. Has Anyone Got Any Mail Order Yet?
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#258339 11 months ago
Guys and Gals where is the best place to camp out there for these shows?
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#258341 11 months ago
The website suggests Bear Creek Lake Park, though the closest, it would still be QUITE a walk.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#258348 11 months ago
mlippert.2 wrote:
Guys and Gals where is the best place to camp out there for these shows?

It all depends on how far you are willing to drive.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#258386 11 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
I just found a Candlewood suites that appears to be very close, for 550 with tax, five nights, I think I'm leaning that way.

also for anyone who can extend their travel plans, they said it would be 650 for 7 nights

thanks for the tip Phred, I'll check that out

La Quinta was also cheap - like $89 a night and I know a lot of heads that are staying there. Cheaper if you have a AAA card.

Here is what I do, find a hotel ehere you'd like to stay, then google promo code hotel name. I almost always find something to save some $. I do this for just about anything I buy on-line. Or if you hotel it a lot, join a loyalty program (or 2 or 3) and earn free nights. A lot of places are connected and you get free nights faster than you would think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#258389 11 months ago
^^ Thanks for the promo code search tip! Yep, belonging to a loyalty club is key!
Time to create page: 8.14 seconds