• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Tell Me Something Good!!

#248422 1 year, 5 months ago
So, who's got something good going on today? I'm betting everyone has something. Heck, if you're still walking I'm sure that you can dance! As for me, I was taken for a delightful drive to beautiful Toledo, Ohio for the best pancakes in the world at the Original Pancake House: a huge German apple pancake and yummy, lacy potato pancakes and fabulous, thick bacon. Those and hubby's good company and blasting the Sunday Broomfield show on the way there and back have made for a pretty great day, despite the ongoing cold and gray here.

Anybody else want to throw something happy and positive out there to share? A little bit of joy can go a long ways!!

I will now have this song stuck in my head for days!!

Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, DrippingColors
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Tell Me Something Good!!

#248429 1 year, 5 months ago
Holy Pancakes Sue, those look so good. My one positive for the day is that I get to buy a DSO ticket for Great American Music Hall. Its been a rough year trying to get to see music. Im grateful that I get to go.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#248430 1 year, 5 months ago
I just luv Chaka Kahn. My absolute fav song that she sings is Ain't Nobody. I would post a vedeo of her singing that, however I never quite figured out how to post video's. Right now I am having to much fun trying to find a way to get the FFF Unicorns to stop fighting with the FFF pot stirrers.
All of a sudden I have this urge to listen to more Chaka. That would be a good thing.
Thanks Sue!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#248431 1 year, 5 months ago
I'll play.

Split shift today.... so home at noon. Got dinner ready early while watching Ferris Bueller's Day off on Comedy Central (with a Bloody Mary or 2). Felt like I was cutting school. Don't worry, I'll be fine for second shift. And hopefully home for the Mex-US World Cup qualifier.

and just to throw in my own video choice not really apropos of mood just kick ass tune

p.s. did an automatic update and now things are linking like mother fucking school
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#248433 1 year, 5 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I just luv Chaka Kahn. My absolute fav song that she sings is Ain't Nobody. I would post a vedeo of her singing that, however I never quite figured out how to post video's. Right now I am having to much fun trying to find a way to get the FFF Unicorns to stop fighting with the FFF pot stirrers.
All of a sudden I have this urge to listen to more Chaka. That would be a good thing.
Thanks Sue!

Here you go, Dave. Time to admit there's part of me that regrets shunning disco in the 70's and 80's. Sort of.
And Go Unicorns!!

Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#248436 1 year, 5 months ago
You know who does a great version of Tell Me Something Good? Dave Matthews, believe it or not. He did it on that solo tour from about ten years ago where Trey Anastasio was the lead guitarist.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#248437 1 year, 5 months ago
Thank you Sue for the good vibes here. I've been struggling a little lately but through that I've come to realize that tiny blessings are huge miracles to be be cherished. My morning good thoughts have been that my uniqueness is a gift and a blessing and not a reason to not shine.

IMG_1291.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, gvanman, alilfurther, nycdave, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#248440 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Thanks Sue!

Here you go, Dave. Time to admit there's part of me that regrets shunning disco in the 70's and 80's. Sort of.
And Go Unicorns!!

I had the same issues with disco back in the day. At the time women I liked to spend time with forced me to listen (kicking and screaming) to Donna Summer. When the Dead started playing a disco version of Dancin' and Jerry said that disco was good music, there were heads who were talking about heresy and attitude adjutment (for Jerry). Seriously.
I now have a bunch of Donna Summer CD's. She is such a great singer. When going to shows with fellow dead heads, you should see the reaction when I sneak a Donna CD's into the mix. I almost didn't make it to some shows 'cause they wanted to kick me out of the bus.

Sue, you get to be the leader (I was going to say captain, but I am on a mission to aviod controversy) of the Unicorns Vollyball Squad.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Just Besause
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#248441 1 year, 5 months ago
well it is only tues but when I get home I don't have to cook it will be ready in the crock pot yum!!!! couple glasses of wine and a movie I will be all set !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, RowTimmy
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#248443 1 year, 5 months ago
my good news for the day was the re-releasing of a limited amount of 4/15 Furthur tix at the Cap

was at work a week and a half ago when they were announced/went on sale and have been looking out ever since, was starting to think they wont release more for this date but they did today at 2pm... so it's a good thing I'm not working today.

between not having much money and the whole on sale right away thing I wasn't able to grab 2 balcony seats together but today I did and now I get to take my mom to opening night when we were just thinking she may not have the chance to go this time...
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds